Thursday, January 24, 2008

Blogs

I have fought the blog craze as long as I could. My sister, Stephanie, has been pushing me to start one for awhile now. I was certain I would never find the time to have one. However, since she first introduced me to blogging, I have found plenty of time to look at her blog, as well as her friends blogs--people I don't even know. I figured if I had time to look at strangers blogs then it was time to start my own. Here's my take on blogs. It's a way for us to stay connected with people we rarely see (or see all the time). It's a way for us to know we're not alone and that other people go through some of the same things we do. It's a way for us to tell the world about the ordinary miracles we witness. It's a way to share our life with others. At first I didn't think I would have anything at all to blog about. However, as I've looked at other people's blogs, I've realized it's connecting with the day to day lives of others that I have loved most. With that said, I am finally ready to enter the blogging world. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I read somewhere recently (general authority)that blogging is a tool that can be used for missionary work. I thought it was interesting. And didn't we just learn that it is good to write about our blessings each day? What easier way to do that then sit at the computer for a few minutes and share it with the world. So many ways to rationalize this little vice called blogging! Love it!

Stacie Raddatz said...

Love your blog already! Thanks for sharing. I will come visit it lots.

brenda said...

Welcome!!! So, you have to know I'm going to check it every day. The world needs more uplifting blogs, and there's no one better than you to inspire us!

JackieSue said...

AMEN!!! Well well well said. I am SOO glad that I saw your name on a comment on Stephs blog because I totally feel like her and I know each other so well and it's all through blogging. Obviously since were all thousands of miles away from each other. But I'll be blog stalking you now too! It's so cool to see your family and hear things about you because you are my family too and I don't know you as well as I wish. Also, Stephs comment to the side made me feel real happy because I am a two year blogger now and it's nice to know that it has a meaning besides rambling and ranting and lecturing. I see it as journaling and it's one of the things we are taught to do so much in the church. So... that's my reason... and now hearing you say it helps you connect through other peoples day to day life... wow. So true! I often read others blogs and think WOW that same thing happened to me or my child did the same thing or I had the same dream. It's amazing. And I'm long winded. SO see ya around... electronically. :)

Darilyn said...

Welcome to the blogging world Heidi.