Friday, March 21, 2008

This is Something Everyone Needs to Know About

He did it! Rick Ellis passed all four sections of the CPA exam! For those of you who've been involved in our lives over the last few years, you know just how awesome that is. He gave me the go ahead to open the letter when it came. Last time he was 1% away from passing and he left a voice message telling me he was headed for the closest bridge. He was joking of course but we were all very frustrated. I was so nervous when I saw the letter. I ripped it open and hollered with joy when I saw that he had received credit for all four sections. We then made this sign (Maia and Emily helped with the coloring) and anxiously waited for him to get home from work. We were all of the front porch when he came home and he too hollered for joy when he saw the sign and realized what it meant. No more studying for this boy. We celebrated by eating a 51 point chocolate dessert from PF Changs (reminder: you should only have about 25 points in a day!!). Don't worry, we didn't eat the whole thing in one night. We've been snacking on it today as well. Yum. Rick also bought a new game for his PSP and is excited to play on the drive to Utah tomorrow. Just like a little kid!
It's 11:30 now and we are getting up at 5:00 for our long drive to Utah. I've spent the whole day packing and cleaning. I feel like all I really want to do is sit around in my nice clean house and recover from packing! I'm sure once we get on the road I'll be more excited. I'm exhausted but couldn't leave town without sharing this good news. All the hard work finally paid off. Way to go Rick!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yeah for Rick! Thanks for letting my part of all the action. We need to get some of that video on here.

Kelsey said...

Way to go Rick!!! Are you moving back to Utah? Stephanie and Heather will die. You're the real reason they moved to Oregon in the first place. (We can pretend it was school, but that wouldn't be ture!) Anyway, way to go Rick!

Miriam said...

RICK ELLIS BRUNO!!!! You are the man! What are you going to do with the rest of your life now? Didn't think of that did ya! We are so proud of you. No excuse not to socialize now!! We will expect a lot from you when you get to Utah this week. WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Robin said...

glad you didn't jump off the bridge. congrats, ricko.

Tami said...

Congratulations Rick! I am so happy for you all. I have to admit that my eyes got a little watery when I read the great news. What a relief!

I can't wait to read about your trip to Utah. Better yet, tell me about it on a long run.

See you soon,

Tami

brenda said...

I wish you were bloggin' from the road. We miss you!

And BIG congrats to Rick.

hedrad said...

Congratulations Rick! It's about freakin' time. However, I do hope you never lose the desire to jump off a bridge. A good bridge jump can never do anyone harm.

Steen said...

Google rocks!!
Rick I have no idea what you have done, but people seem excited. It's been way to long - 2 kids! -since we talked. I'm doing great in the country called Denmark, and I hope to hear from you soon. I get the feeling you have quite a lot of free time on your hands, so drop me a line if you feel like it.

I know I would

steenwangel@hotmail.com