Thursday, April 3, 2008

Day 2-Ward Families

Did I say I would post every day? What I meant to say was that I would post about every day-not that I would post every day. I'm certainly not capable of that.
Sunday was our second day of vacation and we spent the entire morning getting ready for church. It wasn't until 1:00 but it took us that long to get our act together. The kids looked extra cute in their Easter clothes. Of course we had to attempt pictures but they didn't go over very well. Abbie and Emily loved the chance to pose in their new, pretty dresses. Holly, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with it.
This was the only picture we got of all four kids before Holly lost all control. Turned out she wasn't feeling very well that morning. We did manage to get one family picture before we headed out the door for church.















Heather and I had decided that we wanted to visit the ward that we had grown up in. Both of us lived in the same house from the time we were born until we were ready to move out. Our entire childhood! So we knew the ward well and had some dear friends in it. I hadn't visited the ward since I moved out almost 15 years ago.
The people in the ward are special to us because they helped us so much when our mom passed away. I was 17, Heather was 16 and we needed their help and love at this time. I'm only sharing this in my blog because I was so overwhelmed with love and gratitude when I saw the members of the ward that day. It wasn't until then that I realized just how much these great members had done for me and my family and how grateful I was for it. It showed me the power of a ward family. At one point Heather and I were in a circle with 5-6 of the women who had done so much for us when our mom died. Women who had brought us meals, loved us, talked to us, helped us. What an amazing group of women. It made me glad that I can be part of a ward family and helped me see the influence for good we really have on people. Thanks to those who took us under your wings! I hope to return the favor to someone else in need.

After church we had a yummy Easter dinner with Rick's family. We were at his parents and were glad that his two brothers and families came over as well. The cousins loved playing together and we all enjoyed the warm weather! Emily was having fun posing for this picture as well. Collin was busy having fun in the swing.

4 comments:

hedrad said...

Nothing like good women to make the world a little better. Isn't that what Julie Beck would say. Looking forward to day 4.

Miriam said...

Look at you in your SEXY black high top boots.... You forgot to mention that John pooped out of game playing for the sanity of sleep. Afraid of competition maybe?

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I just chanced upon your blog and loved reading a few posts.
All I wish to say is that it was really nice getting to know your family through this blog. Your children look like little angels, all dressed in their Sunday best, and little Holly looks so sweet, with her face all puckered up, ready to cry. Poor dear, pat pat.

I liked the foursome children's photo the best followed by the family photo, and it was really nice to know that being part of a ward was so helpful for you and your sibling when your mom passed away.

Wish there are more such kindred spirits in this world. Hm, I also wish I had children like yours. *sigh*

God willing and with prayers,

~ An Indian lady

brenda said...

Wow. This was a really nice post.

Now I'm all caught up. Whew. You must have set some kind of record. I don't know what kind exactly, but some kind.