Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Day 8-The Breakfast!

I have been so anxious to write about one of the biggest highlights of the trip! Whenever we are in Utah we do alot of inviting ourselves over to peoples homes. I had an hour in the morning before I was planning on visiting a friend and so I talked John into making me breakfast. I had NO idea what a grand breakfast I was going to get. Because he did such a fabulous job describing it on his blog, I encourage you to check it out at http://www.mirms-milieu.blogspot.com/. Thanks again John for going all out for your little sis-even if you hoped there would be more people there to enjoy. It was awesome.

After a yummy breakfast I went to Andrea's, my college friend. It was SO good to see her again. My kids loved playing with her kids and I loved catching up and the lessons I learned from her in those few hours. Thanks Andrea for taking the time for my family to come hang out. We loved it!

Next we were off to the movies with John, Miriam and kids, Stacie and kids, and Maura. Rick joined us at this point (he had been golfing all morning with Ben). We took up a whole row. We enjoyed "Horton Hears a Who" and had fun watching the kids giggle and whisper during the movie. Cousins are so much fun!

After the movie we went to Lehi's awesome pool. We've done this the last 2-3 times we have gone to Utah and now my kids can't go without it. I'm ok with that. It's an awesome pool. I wish we had something like it in Oregon. We had fun with Aunt Stacie, Mia, Luke, Aunt Rachel, Uncle Rand, Maura, and Collin. And despite Holly's funny face-she loved every minute of her first trip to a pool.

After swimming we went to J&M's and said our goodbyes. As always, I hadn't seen nearly enough of anyone. Rick's parents had dinner for us that night which we were so grateful for. We then spent the next few hours packing up the van so that Grandma and Grandpa could give the kids a special surprise-as if the day could get any better! Their jaws dropped when they realized they were actually going to get Build-a-Bears. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the present! And thanks for opening up your home to us, even with our crazy comings and goings. We loved being with you!
We spent the night at Mike and Stacie's so we didn't have to make an extra stop to pick up Heather early the next morning. Mark and Mikelann came over and we played games until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. Every moment of the day was filled with fun and I was completely exhausted. I did feel just a bit jipped that we didn't end up talking with Mike and Stacie until 2 or 3 in the morning. I miss those times but doubt I could have even made it that long, especially with a 12-hour drive ahead of us.


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

It doesn't help that I'm reading this past midnight, but it is still making me tired. One of these days you need to go somewhere on vacation where you don't know anyone!! Not that this vacation is bad, just a little jam packed

Andrea Lei said...

What lessons?? We were supposed to have just a little fun visit...and a little cheese sandwich!

brenda said...

LOVE Mirm's Milieu. What great family you have and doting brother, my goodness!