Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Holly!




My baby is 1! Her first year went by so fast. I love first birthdays and this one was no exception. We sang Happy Birthday to her at least 10 times and she loved it every time. I always feel like we've arrived when a baby turns 1. They enjoy life so much more and are so cute and fun. I was a little camera happy so enjoy the pics!


Here she is in her new birthday outfit.
We got her some balloons and she loved letting them go over and over and over.

She was excited about her new presents.


Thanks to all those who spoiled her on her special day!


And here is the beautiful cake and the cake decorator. What am I going to do when I don't live close to my professional cake decorator sister? My poor kids won't know what's hit them when I offer a poorly frosted cake in a 9X13 pan. For now we'll just feel so lucky to have such awesome cakes. Thanks Steph!






Holly loved having everyone sing Happy Birthday but wasn't sure what to do with the candle. She attempted to grab it at one point so we had to keep it at a distance. The moment we handed it to her she dug right in and enjoyed (we think-she didn't smile once) her delicious cake.




Once she was done, everyone else wanted to enjoy her cake as well.


So we let them do just that.





Even Heather took part in the fun.

Thanks goodness for birthdays so we can have reason to celebrate such special little ones as Holly. I'm so lucky to be her mom!!

8 comments:

Stacie Raddatz said...

Happy Birthday, Holly! Can't get enough of all the pictures. Thanks for the post.

Danielle said...

I love my kids 1st birthdays. It does feel like you have graduated onto toddlerhood after that.

She is so cute, and I love her outfit. (Oh, the fun of dressing little girls.)
Happy Birthday Holly.

Stephanie said...

Great post! I love all the pictures side by side of everyone who took a bite out of the cake. Fun memories! And Holly looks super cute in all those pictures. Your new camera makes a difference too. And thanks for mentioning me, I'm always okay with that. Okay, sorry for all the random thoughts.

Breezy said...

What a beautiful little girl. I love the cake! I can't believe she is already a year old. Such fun and exciting times. It seems weird we celebrated Greyson's one year just after moving here. I love her outfit! I need a little girl someday; boys outfits are all starting to look the same.

As a side note I woke up to snow AGAIN this morning, ugh.

brenda said...

Why no frosting on YOUR face, Heid?

The cupcake-cake is brilliant!

Miriam said...

Can't even imagine the sugar shock everyone was in afterwards. Fun times. Happy Birthday Holly!!!!

Raddad said...

The part I hated was eating the cake after everyone put their face in it. And what kind of frosting was that slimey stuff, anyway?

Tonya said...

Holly is so adorable! Happy Birthday:0) Looks like the celebration was lots of fun. Her cake is so cool!