Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Oneonta Gorge Take Two

Rick and I had so much fun hiking the gorge this summer that we wanted to take the whole family there. Everyone loved it just as much as we did. Abbie and Connor did an awesome job of climbing over the logs that block the river. And yes, there were hundreds of people there. It was one of our 100 degree days and everyone was as anxious as we were to escape the heat.
Aunt Heather joined us and helped Emily get through the logs and rocks and water that was too deep for her to get through on her own.
Abbie was so happy when we finally made it to the deeper water. I'd been telling her she was going to have to get waist deep and she loved it! Despite the look on Holly's face, she loved hanging out on Mom and Dad's back and was happy the whole time.
We found some rocks to jump off into the very cold water. Rick even found a way to dive right through the falls! I tried my hardest to get a picture of him doing it and after we were all done, realized I could have filmed it. Oh well. Just imagine him diving through the falls.
Hikes like these make me love Oregon! So fun!!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

The best part of it was that we sort of found it on our own. Just kept walking to see what was there. I'm glad you were able to jump in this time. There is something so refreshing about swimming in waterfalls and mountain lakes. I love it!

hedrad said...

Good times! Good times! The most beautiful part about it all is that life just keeps getting better and we just keep creating wonderful memories. Looking forward to making more of them next weekend.

Elisabeth said...

How fun! I love to see your adventurous family. So beautiful, that Gorge is.The kids will love the memories.

Andrea Lei said...

What fun family memories! Those are really beautiful falls and so green. I love taking my kids places that they will remember forever! BTW, I love Emily's curls, but then again I am a sucker for curls...

Stacie Raddatz said...

That looks like the best hike. I just love water and waterfalls while hiking. How nice that you got everyone to go. but maybe too back-breaking with the little ones for me.