Monday, December 1, 2008

Running Races

I really enjoy running races. There's just something about being with a group of runners and giving it your all. In the past I have run marathons (only 2 of those), half-marathons, 15K's and 10K's. I recently ran my very first 5K. It was a race for Darfur. Of course, I was happy to pay the money for that and had an excuse to run a race as well. I got to run with an awesome group of friends.
And best of all, Brittany and I both got first place in our age division. How cool is that!? The race wasn't huge but I'll take what I can get. We both ran under 8 min. miles which was a first for me. It's fun to get better at something with age instead of the other way around.
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of me after my other almost 5K I recently ran. It was even more fun. Robin organized our very own Turkey Trot. There were about a dozen of us that ran. Made it easy to get first again! I look forward to running it again next year. Thanks for the fun, Robin. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I agree running is wonderful--and how great that you won 1st place. Way to go!

Robin said...

Congratulations on setting a course record for the women. See you next year to defend your title. (We'll see about making the course a leeetle bit longer). It was fun to see the sexy John and Mirm clan!