Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Why Not?

When my Dad called and offered to provide a steak dinner for a Monday night I told myself "Why Not?" So what if it's a weekday. So what if grilling in freezing temperatures isn't the norm. Who in their right mind would pass up a steak dinner, games and family?
Grandpa entertained the kids while Rick grilled up the steaks.
Look at this Monday night feast!! We NEVER eat like this on a Monday night.

Even Holly enjoyed every little morsel. She's into smearing food on her face right now. Weird.
We had FHE with everyone. Something we have only done a few times since everyone moved close. Heather gave an awesome lesson and the kids gave some sweet and hilarious comments.
And to top it all off, Steph made Creme Brulee for dessert. Why Not? It was divine. I didn't want our perfect Monday night to end too soon so I talked Dad into staying to play Power Grid. We missed you Bud! I lost both times we played but loved an excuse to stay up late, playing games on a Monday night. Thanks Fam for giving us an excuse to have a party at the first of the week, instead of at the end. It was a great way to start the week.

And here's a few random pictures just for fun.
And a video so everyone can know not to get in Holly's face. She is not one to mess with. I suppose that's what happens when you're trying to compete with three other kids!

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Why not?.....now I'm starting to wondering why this doesn't happen more often! Mmmm, I'm hungry. Love the video of course. I'm just trying to convince myself that she didn't learn it from Sage.

The Garver Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time. The video is very cute.

Breezy said...

I love the video. I also love that Heather seems to be encouraging it with laughter. So much fun.

Stace said...

That all looks so good!

Danielle said...

Isn't haveing family close wonderful? So glad you had such a fun time, and little miss Holly is just too cute.

hedrad said...

I wish every day could be a why not day. Why do we have to be so responsible?

Ben and Heidi said...

Ben here... What a great Monday night! Glad to see you're doing well. Isn't having family close the best!?

Dave Raddatz said...

Simply the very best times of my life.

Tonya said...

You Raddatz girls know how to party it seems:0) Holly's smack down on Abbie made me laugh!