Friday, March 13, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday deserves it's own post. Such an exciting day. It started out like always. Rick and I began trying to drag the kids out of bed at 7:00. By 7:30 they were finally all up and somewhere in the middle of eating, getting dressed, and brushing teeth. We were out the door by 7:45, Abbie and Connor made it to school on time, and I was running with some buddies by 8:00. It was a fabulous run on a sunny day.

When I got home and saw that in the hour that I was gone I had 5 messages I figured something was up. One message was from the school letting me know Abbie had thrown up in the classroom and was waiting in the office to be picked up. Poor Abbie. It was destined for two reasons that she would throw up yesterday morning. First of all, Stephanie had borrowed my carpet cleaner and just about every time she borrows it, someone throws up. Second, I had cursed Abbie by telling her I hoped she would throw up on the morning of March 12. I know, I'm a horrible mom. And very selfish. I was after her ticket to see the musical "Wicked" for that night and figured if she was sick I would get the ticket. Of course, it was all a joke, and I didn't really want her to get sick, but I probably got her so worked up about NOT getting sick, that she DID get sick. She missed a full day of Flop and Read and the Science Fair.

Little did we know, but there was another reason Abbie was destined to throw up that morning. Had she not, she couldn't have played midwife to KC and watched four little kittens be born! Just an hour after we got her home KC went into labor. I was headed out the door to teach Art Lit at the school and was so grateful that Stephanie was more than willing to come be a midwife with Abbie. KC wouldn't let Abbie leave her side so it was such a blessing she was home. My cat always picked me to be with her when she had her babies and I love how KC has picked Abbie. It's very cute.
Another one of the early morning phone calls was to let me know that a piano student was sick and wouldn't be able to come. The lesson would have been right during the excitement of the kitties being born.
I realize it's not very well accepted to let your cat have multiple litters of kittens. But come on!! How can you resist these delectable things?!

Having said that, this is officially the last time we will let KC have kittens. She's too grouchy when she's pregnant (not much different from humans)! So if you've been holding off on getting your own Bruno kitten, this is your last chance! The rest of the day was perfect. It was a sunny day. We went to Costco (I love Costco) and restocked on vegetables and fruit-I was having major withdrawals. Rick took Connor, Emily and Holly to the Science Fair while I was taught how to be a better RS president at a training meeting and Abbie got to see "Wicked" with Heather and loved it. Sad to say, but I was just as happy to sit on my couch and watch "The Office" and "30 Rock" instead of using the coveted ticket. I was glad she was able to see such an awesome performance. Even if she did start the day by throwing up.

9 comments:

Lady Fox said...

I'm so glad that Abbie got to see Wicked. What a wonderful show to experience. I love that the kitty had kitties and that Abbie got to be the midwife. What a great thing to be a part of. Isn't it the best when we are all so busy and involved and doing such awesome things? Too bad throwing up happens in the middle of it all.

Patrick and Paige said...

Your cat is a kitten-making machine. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE GRAY ONE!!!! Are you going to get her fixed? I hope you do. poor grouchy thing. but what a treat to have all those cute little kittens around as well. Fun post.

Danielle said...

Wow! You did have a big day. So, glad Abbie was able to go to Wicked. And what cute kittens.

Stephanie said...

Really it was all very incredible. The whole lot of it! I miss those kitties already

meganconser said...

I hope you didn't think I was judging you having multiple litters of kittens when I asked if you were going to have "the talk" with KC. I was actually wishing we had the chance to take Alli thru the experience. Leila would hvae loved to be a kitty doula like you and Abby. Is Stephanie finally going to adopt one?

K kid said...

Watching The Office and 30 Rock isn't a bad way to finish out a week-- although I wouldn't have minded seeing "Wicked" either.

Stace said...

Wow. That is a marathon day! Glad she got to see the kittens born and go to Wicked. We still have not seen it. What a busy day for you. WE did, however, go to Costco for the first time with our own membership. We fumbled our way through the check out- cart on the wrong side, they do not take manufacturer coupons, and they don't take Discover. But we finally figured stuff out and made it out the door with our goods. Everyone was so helpful once I told them it was our first time.

brenda said...

Thank goodness. I heard she went home sick and wondered and wondered if she got to go!!! Sing along, everyone: "Thank goodness!"

I miss you and can't believe you didn't invite me over to meet kittens.

Tonya said...

Way to see the blessings in the midst of the throw up! It was a weird virus. Rylie threw up 6 times early in the morning and was feeling good and begging for food by lunch. Sorry Abbie had to miss the science fair. I have been able to witness a cat giving birth only once and it was so cool! That is awesome that Abbie got to be part of it. Good luck getting homes for this litter! Rylie is sitting here begging for one...but no, we aren't interested. One is enough:0)