Friday, May 1, 2009

Feeling Lucky

We went to the Woodburn Tulip Festival when we first moved here and I loved it. I've shied away from it since then because of horror stories of waiting in a line of cars for hours to get in and then the tulip farm being way to overcrowded. But the flowers were calling me this year and I couldn't say no. My dad was excited to go and Steph is always up for whatever is going on. I love that about her. I knew my lack of patience meant that a Saturday trip was out of the question. So instead, we took the kids out of school a few hours early and made the hour drive.

When we got to the exit, cars were backed up pretty bad and I panicked that a sunny Friday afternoon was going to be just as bad as a Saturday. Turned out the traffic was regular Woodburn traffic and once we got out of town we had the roads to ourselves. Thanks to dad we lucked out with a real close parking spot so we didn't waste any time with the big photo shoot. And the weather was PERFECT. Sunny but not too hot. And that was after a week of lots of rain. Here are some of my favorite pics from the day.

The tram ride was very exciting and we were SO impressed with Dad when he decided to walk on the return trip instead of ride back on the tram. He was such a trooper to walk so much with us that day and is having a great recovery.
This made me miss the many windmills I would see on my mission. I served in Northern Germany and one of my areas was only one train stop from Holland. Much of my area was filled with tulip fieds and windmills.
And this is my favorite picture from the day. Jaxon wanted to be in every picture that he could. Whenever I would tell him to move so I could get just a picture of Em, he would find a way to get out of the way but still be part of the picture.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You know, he really does blend in pretty well! :) That was such a fun day. It's no wonder I'm up for anything.

Heidi @ Tayterjaq's Rebels said...

That place is gorgeous looking. What fun everyone is having. The pictures are terrific. You're so lucky to have a place like that within (relatively) close driving distance.