Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Beaverton Stage

video

Heather recently moved in with us for the summer. One afternoon she came home from teaching to the usual chaos that four kids make. Holly was fending for herself in the front yard, Emily, as always, was singing and dancing around the house, Abbie had been assinged to the piano and Connor to the couch with a book, and I was making dinner. There was plenty of distraction. Heather took it all in and let me know just how lucky I was. With so many ways to focus my energy, little time is left to worry about those things that really don't matter. I thanked her for the reminder and realized the wisdom in it. I am grateful for kids who have kept me anxiously engaged in good causes and have brought me joy because of it.

My kids have had the chance to shine on the Beaverton Stage many times this past month. And because I have such cute kids, and because we have been anxiously engaged with lots of stuff, and because creating a baby requires extra sleep which means little blog time, there will be lots and lots of pictures as I play catch up.

First off, DANCE. The pictures speak for themselves.
video
Abbie decided to take dance as well and did awesome! We loved watching both of them.

video
PIANO RECITALS-Abbie and Connor played solos, duets and were even in 2-piano, 8 hands number that involved popping balloons. That was their favorite.
video
SPORTS-Abbie's soccer team remained undefeated all season, and Rick and Connor have spent many fun hours on the baseball field.
Connor has the chance to play all positions. He has the catcher stance down perfectly.
SCOUTS-Connor's 8th birthday meant he was finally old enough to start scouts. I'm still trying to figure it all out and am also trying to have a good attitude. I remember my mom being very involved with my brothers scouting and of course, I want to be just like my mom.
But even though he's old enough for scouts doesn't mean he's too old to sleep in a crib. I'll keep him little as long as I can (but I had nothing to do with him sleeping in the crib).
And even better, birthday number 8 meant Connor had the chance to be baptized. There are those things in a mother's life that bring an inexpressible joy. Watching your husband baptize his child is one of those moments. It is a joy that is accompanied by the Spirit making it so much more. I feel very blessed.
Connor wanted to go to Hometown Buffet to celebrate his baptism.
We all made ourselves a bit sick, especially Connor. He had to take lots of breaks to digest.
The rest of the pictures I couldn't leave off. Comparing the pictures of Connor and Jaxon makes me laugh. These two cousins don't look at all alike.


And make sure you notice the dirty tears streaks on Emily's face. We had one week (yes, only one) of perfect 70 degree weather. Emily spent most of the time outside in her bathing suit, just like a little girl should. The sad look was just for effect. She spends most of the time smiling.
Sunny weather, swimming, and ice cream=Happiness!
This was our last day with the kittens. It was hard to say goodbye. KC is fixed so their will be no more kittens. We loved them while we had them, but are glad to save KC the stress.
Rick's parents and two of the kids cousins came up for the baptism and get to stay with us all week. I'm sure we will remain as anxiously engaged as we ever are. And for that I am very grateful. Don't be fooled be the picture-none of them are asleep, nor do they fall asleep for hours to come. But they are happy!
THE END!
video

6 comments:

Lady Fox said...

Wow! Lots of happenings at your house. I have to agree with Heather. Being busy with families and being anxiously engaged really is one of our greatest blessings. I am always telling my kids how lucky they are that they have a family who loves them and that they get to spend most of their time exploring, learning, and playing. Your children are just as lucky. Life is good and there is still so much to look forward to.

Rachel said...

Tell Connor congrats for us, we wish we could have been there!

Stace said...

Wow! Marathon post. That was awesome. Love to see all the things you are doing. I had no idea. What great things. And I have to say that my favorite is Connor as catcher. I absolutely LOVE baseball! And congratulations on the baptism. Mia has one more year before we find out what that is like. I still feel like it was yesterday since my own baptism. I have been thinking about it lots lately since I am in Primary and last month the theme centered on it. Did I tell you I am the song leader now (again). Love it. Mia is just starting to be interested in piano now also. I have a recital for all my students on 9/11 scheduled. My first one! Also- your kids are getiing SO big. They really have grown in these pictures. I guess I don't see them enough. How long has it been? And Luke starts Kindergarten this Sept and he is NOT ready. Oh well.... so that is a marathon comment!

brenda said...

I'm impressed you have time to blog! Way to go. It's always a party at your house and always where everyone wants to be(including me!). You guys are doing something right!

Tonya said...

I bet you are so excited to have Heather living with you. It really does seem like there's always a good party going on at the Bruno's! I love the reminder that Heather gave you about how lucky/blessed you are to have all the chaos of 4 little kids(almost 5...I can't imagine that!). Whenever I start to feel grumpy or overwhelmed with all the chaos of 4 kids over here I always remind myself that I really would not rather be doing anything else.

Breezy said...

What a fun post! I am so excited for Connor but I can't believe he's that old. Where does time go? The pictures of dance took me right back to my childhood - the girls are so adorable. Your lives are very busy, full, and happy.