Thursday, October 15, 2009

Everyone Poops

That is the title of one of MANY potty books I have read over and over and over again in the past few weeks. That's right, we're riding the potty train around here. We introduced Holly to the potty about a month ago. When she went we threw such a party and got so excited that I think we overdid it. For the next few weeks she refused to go again. I was just about to give up when she finally started showing interest again. I wasn't feeling well all week so I was happy to stay home and have taking her to the potty be my biggest task for the day. I stuck her in panties and within a few days she was no longer having accidents. But she wasn't pooping. When I would suggest that she should try I would get this kind of face.
Even knowing that Everyone Poops didn't help her. Eventually she got some poop out, not in the toilet, and her and Sage did a fine job cleaning it up (rubbing it into the carpet) with 1/2 a pack of wipes. Oh, the joys of potty training. After that she decided that pooping wasn't for her, that she will not poop like everyone else. For days she held it in. On the one side, I was grateful it wasn't ending up on the floor again, on the other, I felt so bad for her!! I could tell that the urge was there but she just couldn't make it happen. I spent many hours sitting in the bathroom with her. I was grateful for 3 other children who were willing to take turns reading to her and entertaining her. Well tonight we finally had success. Holly pooped in the toilet. Yipee!!! That makes 4 days straight without a single accident. Could child #4 actually be potty trained!? Do I only have to do this one more time? We'll see. But for now, both Holly and I are convinced that it's true. Everyone Poops.

4 comments:

meganconser said...

Yipee! Congrats! She seems young to me to be potty trained- you Bruno's must excel in that area. :o)

Oyama Family said...

Wow! Great job Holly (& mom) This will definitely help once #5 comes :)

Rachel said...

It's so funny how exciting it is for mom's when their kids poop in the toilet. Collin has been so hard when it comes to potty training. We have been trying for about 6 months and I think he finally got it. 2 days with no accidents! Too bad Collin is over a year older than Holly! But yes, we only have one more to go.

Stace said...

Isn't is great to get a break from diapers?