Sunday, November 8, 2009

How are you feeling?

I can't leave the house anymore without being asked this question. Along with, "When are you due?", "What are you having?", "Do you have a name picked out?" and the many other questions that very large, pregnant women get asked. Even people I have never met can't help but to ask the questions. Can you blame them? Such a large belly!!

How am I feeling? Well, it hurts to walk, bend over, sleep, get out of a chair, sit...you get the idea. It just isn't possible to feel good when you have a large baby inside of you. That aside, I really do feel ok. As you can see on the counter, I still have it in me to make, and eat, many batches of cookies. I'm still doing everything I normally would. The nesting instinct is hopefully going to kick in soon and closets will be cleaned! I do have lots and lots of contractions, many of which are very uncomfortable. Luckily, I have gone into real labor with 3 of my 4 children and I know just how it feels. For now, I use the contractions for practice-the goal is to have the baby without any painkiller-wish me luck!!

I'm due the beginning of December-less than a month! Why does it still seem SO far away?

I'm thrilled to meet my little boy and no, we don't have a name picked out. After renaming Emily (she was Grace for a few days) after we brought her home from the hospital, I don't really trust myself with names. We have some ideas but won't decide until we see this little one.

I can't wait to take the month of December off. What a fun month to snuggle up with a little baby and give all my attention to him...at least that's the fantasy. Truth is, I still have 4 other demanding children who I will be giving lots of attention to as well. But there will be plenty of time to cuddle with my baby boy. Sounds wonderful. Now if I can just survive the next few weeks and a painful delivery. Wish me luck!!

And keep the questions coming. I like to complain when I get the chance. And I can handle any big comment you want to throw at me. Tonight after I changed out of my dress and had PJ bottoms and a tight shirt on, Emily saw me and said, "Hi, Fat Mama". Love that girl.

12 comments:

Tonya said...

You look absolutely fabulous. I would NEVER guess that you were pregnant with your 5th child. I am excited to hear what his name will be. I am a bit of a name freak. The fat mama comment cracked me up!

Alesha said...

I think you look wonderful for having only well less than 1 month. Trust I have been much bigger. You look great and I am always amazed to watch how easy you make it all. Hey can I take your kids for a few days for the week before Christmas? My kids would love to have people come play and it would be great!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you are almost done! Every time I see a pregnant woman I tell Rand "I'm so glad I'm not pregnant." It is much better to have them on the outside. I'm so excited for your family!

Julie said...

Isn't it great to know that being "fat" is only temporary? I just really carried my boys different than my girls. They stuck wayyyy out there--especially Aedan. I'm so excited for you! How fun to have another Bruno boy in the ward. I hope everything goes just the way you dream it will.

Rachel said...

You look wonderful! I have a whole new appreciation for pregnant women since starting my doula training! You will do great~! Wish I was there to meet your new little guy!

Lady Fox said...

Me being me, I want to call you "Fat mama" too. (But since that would come across not so good, I won't.) That is the cutest thing ever though coming from a child. You are so good a being pregnant. I hope you do it 5 more times!! Can't wait to hear what you name him.

Tami said...

Hi Fat Momma. I have a question. Would it be OK if anyone else called you that? How can you not love Emily.

Andrea Lei said...

You are the cutest Fat Momma ever! At least you are only big in your belly! I had a pregnant neck, legs, arms, chin, everything! You really are darling. If anyone can do it without drugs, you can. Hang in there and take your friends up on taking your other kids! And for those of us who are too far away, don't go all of December without posting!! ;)

brenda said...

You're just about the most gorgeous, radiant pregnant lady I've ever seen! Feel free to complain, though. You are starting to look a tad uncomfortable... won't be long now!

hedrad said...

It's painful looking at that picture of you but do you know what's even more painful to look at...those blasted sugar cookies on the counter that are making my mouth water. It's just too bad you can't ship them to Africa.

Sure wish I was going to be there to take your other four children that, for a month, you will forget you even have. I know how you love your brand new babies.

Elisabeth said...

You look fab. The last few weeks are HARD. You will rock the natural labor. Giving birth is my favorite part. It's hard but a good hard. Kind of like climbing Timp. At least thats was the visual in my mind this last time. Here are some positive birth vibes. http://greenzone-dag.blogspot.com/2009/02/whale-i-mean-baby-watch.html

Natalie said...

What a great picture Heidi - you are beautiful! I am so excited for you to be having baby #5. Your children are lucky to have such a wonderful mom. Good luck with the delivery. How fun to have a new little baby for Christmas.