Friday, November 20, 2009

Weekend Getaway

I love vacations. They give me something to look forward to and memories to cling to. I know once the baby comes that I will need some time just to be at home, so I got my pregnant body into a swimsuit and spent two days playing at Great Wolf Lodge, an indoor waterpark/hotel. We surprised the kids. They didn't know where we were going until we pulled up. I loved their smiles when they realized the surprise. We have been once before and they loved it.



When we weren't getting drenched, we found plenty of other things to do. Connor and Abbie spent hours on a quest through the hotel with their magic wand. We also spent some time in the arcade and played bingo in the kids room. Emily was the black out winner. How fun is that!
Besides the fact that I was way too pregnant to be in a swimsuit and that sleeping anywhere but in my own bed was just about impossible, the weekend was the perfect memory maker. I always love the chance to get away with my hubby and kids!

5 comments:

hedrad said...

I love that Emily is hiding that belly of yours in the one picture of you. I was hoping for a little peek of you in a swimsuit.

Patrick and Paige said...

Looks like too much fun. I would love to head up there sometime soon:)

Danielle said...

So fun--we are thinking of taking the kids there before we move. You'll have to give us any great tips for having a good time.

Tonya said...

Awwww, so fun! We haven't been there yet. But it looks like a blast! I love that you surprised your kids. What a fun memory for all of you:0)

brenda said...

You guys are so fun! Good for you--you deserved the getaway!