Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Sign

I have to admit, I was a bit sick to my stomach when I drove up and saw a sign in my front yard. I realize I asked for it and that deep down it's what I want. However, there is so very much that I love about my home that would make me so sad to leave behind. If my kids didn't keep getting bigger I think I could stay here forever.

The market is worse than it's been in years which is both good and bad for us. As opposed to a year ago, it now will cost us less to buy a new home then to add on. And for the most part we are happy about that. We will get more for our money. The bad part is selling our home will be much harder than it would have been a year ago. I am at peace knowing that things will work out just as they should. I just wish I knew where we will end up!!!

So, if you want a home that has been filled with years of happiness, it's up for sale. It has been host to many visitors, many parties, many dinners, many, many children (can't even imagine how many kids have been in and out of this house!), lots of music, laughter and tears. I guess I'm a bit attached. Maybe it won't be the end of the world if when the sign comes down we are still the owners!

6 comments:

Oyama Family said...

aaaaaawwwwww! Can I buy your home and come back to Aloha?!

Tonya said...

It was so bittersweet when we took our sign down and we were still the owners! Not what we planned, but it was what was best. You are right, things will happen the way they are supposed to. The house next door is still for sale!!!

Robin said...

Plato said that it is not the structure, but the peeple in it that mayke the home. Whereever you are is where I'm coming to hang (or to send my children).

brenda said...

You know what I'm wishing for with all my heart--but my heart did a little lurch when I pulled up and saw the sign for the first time today, too.

Lady Fox said...

What a big step you are taking. Good for you. Sometimes moving has to happen so that the stars can line up for you and your family. You have to go where Heavenly Father wants you to be.

Breezy said...

Wow, I don't know how I feel about this. I want for you to have everything good in life but that home has a special place in my heart as well. We wish you luck and things will work out for the best