Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I really love this bunch of kids. It was a joy jumping back in bed after I was already showered and dressed and being greeted by these little faces, cards, presents and breakfast.

I also loved a day when I got to call the shots and the kids attempted not to complain. That meant a walk, even if it was cold and rainy. It also meant game time and I got to go first every time.
It's a very good thing that there are sweet moments in the midst of motherhood. Because these are moments, not the norm. Most of the time I'm trying to think of ways to escape the insanity. But stuff like this keeps me coming back for more.
And doing cartwheels to celebrate being a mom to five wonderful children!



2 comments:

Lady Fox said...

Reading all your posts makes me miss you guys all the more! It's about time to make another trip to Oregon. (This time, hopefully, with Jake.) You've got a great family!

Julie said...

Happy Mother's Day, Heidi! Looks and sounds like it was a fabulous day.